We look forward to hosting you for the best camp experience:
(07) 868 8348
304 Kauaeranga Valley Road
RD 2, Thames 3577
A Historical perspective ...
In 1975 some dedicated and devoted Christians recognised the impact that the exposure of God's creation could have on people's spiritual wellbeing, especially in such a tranquil and scenic environment, inspiring the mission statement "To show that God is real to campers as they relax and enjoy His creation in the beautiful Kauaeranga Valley".
Health and Safety at Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp
Our staff are committed to maintaining a high standard of health and safety. In accordance with the Health and Safety Policy and Risk Management Plan, that has been operative since 2010 and is reviewed and updated bi-annually and annually. All annual audits are completed by outside agencies and are conducted in a timely manner. To date, Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp has been rated as having a high level of compliance across a diverse range of compliance requirements.
The camp is compliant with and/or holds certificates for the following:
- Thames Coromandel District Council - Building Warrant of Fitness
- Food Control Plan: Registered 2018
- Waikato Regional Council - resource consents for water take and disposal
- Annual audit results for 2015-2016 rated camp as having a high level of compliance
- Certificate of Compliance for Electrical Appliance Safety
- Flying Fox Annual Inspection and Certification
- OSCAR Approved - audited by CYFS