CAMP ACCOMMODATION - sleeps 100
- 7 x bunkrooms - 6 x 12 beds (6 bunks); 1 x 4 beds (2 bunks)
- 3 x separate bunkrooms ('O' Block) - 1 x 12 beds (6 bunks); 1 x 7 beds (3 bunks + 1 single bed); 1 x 5 beds (2 bunks + 1 single bed)
- Female Toilet block with 3 showers, 3 toilets and a foot washing 'bath'
- Male Toilet block with 3 showers, 2 toilets, 2 urinals and a foot washing 'bath'
- Dining facilities for your camp - tables (each seating up to 12 people) and bench seats, some chairs also available
- Can also double as a 'hall'
- NO self-catering available for groups staying in the bunkrooms
- 2x Table Tennis tables that fold up to clear the room for watching movies or for small groups to hold church services or to have 'lessons' or teaching of some sort (projector and screen available for your use)
- Seats 30 - 40 people conference style
- Full size basketball / netball / volleyball court or indoor soccer
- Male and female toilets, showers and changing facilities (each with 4 showers; female with 4 toilets; males with 2 toilets and 2 urinals)
- Wheelchair bathroom with shower, toilet and handbasin
- Mezzanine floor set up for Church Services or Conferences, seats approxiately 120; comfortable padded/fabric covered chairs; lecturn; and projector screen; with a parent & child area at the back with sofa's for nursing and for parents to watch children
- Fully self-contained with kitchen, dining and lounge
- 2 x bedrooms - 2 rooms with 2 set of bunk beds
- 2 x toilets; bathroom; 1 x shower over bath; 1 x shower
- Self catering option available for small groups staying in the Lodge
Click the link to book the
The Back Packers Lodge Room 1
The tenting experience is designed for group bookings where part of the group stays in dorms and part in tents or the whole group stay in tents.
4 Tents (can sleep up to 15 each)
2 Marquees (6x9 and 6x6)
We do not provide individual tent sites. Feel free to contact DOC who have a multitude of tenting sites up the valley.
What our guests say . . .
"Kiaido Ryu Martial Arts have been running 2 camps a year at the Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp for over 8 years.
During this time the facility has been improving every year with the dorm bunks being fitted with real comfortable inner sprung mattresses and the dining and kitchen looking amazing with all the updating.
We have always found the camp managers accommodating and friendly and the food has been fabulous.
The rooms and grounds are always tidy and clean and ready for us to come in and start our training.
It's set in such a beautiful Valley so is truely relaxing while we are chilling out between lessons.
The large gym is such a bonus for us as we can spread out and always have space for our students when we move out into special groups. Kiaido Ryu Students always enjoy this amazing facility every year.
Regards Ava Strong
Kiaido Ryu Martial Arts
fb: Kiaido Ryu Martial Arts International
Website:www.martialarts.co.nz" April 2017
Packed Lunches: We can also provide packed lunches if your group is wanting to leave the camp for a hike or to visit elsewhere
Self-Catering: We DO NOT offer self-catering from our main kitchen, however, small groups staying in the Lodge may self-cater using the Lodge kitchen
SPORTS & ACTIVITIES
- Air Rifles
- Badminton (indoors)
- Basketball Court (indoors)
- BBQ's and Picnic Tables
- BMX Track and Bikes
- BMX Obstacle Course
- Burma Trail
- Camp Fires (with Council permit)
- Gymnasium - great for indoor sports and wet days
- Flying Fox
- Indoor Bowls
- Indoor Soccer
- Low Ropes Course
- Netball Court (indoors)
- Orienteering Game
- Paintball Course
- Projector and Screen
- Railway Jiggers
- Sports Field - for Rugby, Soccer and various sports
- Swimming Hole
- Table Tennis (x3 tables)
- TV Screen to plug a computer into for movies or PowerPoint (located in the dining room)
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Whiteboard (please bring your own pens and dusters)
Guest commments contd:
"Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp caters for all students with its wide range of activities, spacious grounds and comfortable accomodation. Sue and David are the perfect hosts, catering for all needs with a smile and the typical Kiwi 'can do' attitude. The KVCC camp experience was a memorable and rewarding one.
David Wilcock - Mission Heights Primary" 2017
"KVCC is an awesome experience for groups who aspire to develop team building, improve overall well-being and enhance their appreciation for Thames beautiful environment. One of the most important aspects for us was the respect all staff had towards our religious practices. It was great to see KVCC cater to our Islamic special character by providing a prayer space for us, giving us the food we are allowed to eat and by giving us space to enjoy the grounds on our own without male intervention. This really meant a lot to us all and we appreciate your awesome hospitality. Thank you all so much." Zayed College, 2017
The Valley Experience
'Camp Out' (DOC remote camp sites dependant on availability):
• Two marquees - to use for kitchen & dining rooms (6x9 and 6x6)
• 4 Tents (8 - 10 man)
• Seating and tables for up to 80 people
• Water pumps, filters and storage
• Petrol Generator (we can arrange a chiller hire for you too)
• Battery operated lamps
Catering - The Valley Experience:
Can be catered for by our team, but self catering is also an option.
Individuals must supply their own cutlery, crockery, cup and tea towel.
Dish-washing facilities are provided.